Thursday, September 23, 2010

Abstinence

The subtitle to my blog says it is about my faith, family and books.  As it turns out, I have mostly written about the books I am reading, but my faith is far and away the most important thing in my life.  As a Christian, I really liked this article about abstinence by Steven Crowder called Why NOT Having Sex Might Be Good For You and it really moved me.  Mr. Crowder, who apparently is in a long-term relationship and is abstinent, does not concentrate on the health reasons for abstinence (although he does mention them in passing), but rather focuses on the bond of trust that is fostered between two people who choose to remain chaste while in a relationship.  When you show your partner that you are able to control yourself and postpone gratification now, that partner knows that you are trustworthy and will make a good spouse because you will be able to control yourself and remain faithful later.  It was beautifully written and gave a logical and loving reason for choosing abstinence before marriage.  I encourage you to read it if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment