Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gifts for Book Lovers, Part Two

I found a few more things that I thought would be good gifts for the readers in your life.

Read, Remember, Recommend: A Reading Journal for Book Lovers
4. First, another journal.  I don't have this one, but it popped up on Amazon as a suggestion for something I might like, and I do!  I don't own it, but added it to my Amazon wish list.  It has many reading suggestions and book lists that the previously discussed journal has as well as several other lists like the Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Target lists, and book club suggestions.  It also has charts to track what you've read, what you want to read, and how much you liked what you've read.


PENPH158 - Automatic Crayon Pencil, Refillable, 8 Lead Colors

5. Pentel Automatic Crayon Pencil.  Don't let the word "crayon" throw you. This is an awesome dry highlighter, perfect for those of us who like to mark up our Bibles, first because you have eight colors all in one writing instrument which is handy if you have a system for highlighting in different colors and secondly, because this is a dry highlighter that doesn't bleed through thin Bible pages.  The texture of the leads falls somewhere between colored pencils and crayons.   My pastor's wife first told me about this, and I always carry one with my Bible now.  My three sons thought that my multi-colored highlighter was so cool that they each wanted one of their own and the two younger ones use theirs to do art projects.  You can buy refills at Amazon, and the leads are very easy to exchange so if you want to have more than the standard eight colors on hand, it is no problem.

Tea & Books w Quote Hooded Sweatshirt6. Clothing.  I have enough shirts and sweatshirts about books that it could comprise my whole wardrobe if I wanted.  In other words, I could wear one every day of the week and not have to do laundry any more often than usual.  I love my book shirts.  Amazon has a few like the one pictured here, but there are other sites that have a better selection.  Check out Signals (I particularly like the Atlas Shrugged sweatshirt because I particularly like Atlas Shrugged) and its sister company Wireless.  I also really like the  Cafe Press site.  They not only have clothing, but many other gifts, decorations and trinkets to suit just about any interest.  Search "reading," "books," or even "Jane Austen" and you will come up with more gift ideas than you know what to do with.
Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset
Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy Deluxe Boxed Set: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Plus On Stieg Larsson
7. Books!  No list of gifts for book lovers would be complete without actual books.  This year's best bets are two trilogies:  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (a Young Adult dystopian series, but good for adults too)
       and Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy (not a gentle read, my friends, but a nail-biting thriller featuring a tough-as-nails heroine that you love to love even though you probably would not be friends with her outside the pages of these books).

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas Stephany. Finding interesting gifts for book lovers can be so difficult, but you've come up with some great stuff. That crayon/pencil is cool!

    ReplyDelete