Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Favorite Books of 2009

I didn't keep track of all the books I read in 2009, but I can remember several that I really liked.  Here is a list of books I read during the past year that I think are worth your time.  I am still having trouble with links.  They don't work the way Amazon says they should, but I'll try again soon to link these books to Amazon.

The Hunger Games 1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins








Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)
 2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins  (sequel to The Hunger Games; third in trilogy due out this year)








The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
3. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson









The Girl Who Played with Fire (Vintage) 4. The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson (sequel to above; third in trilogy due out in May)








Listening Valley5. Listening Valley by D.E. Stevenson









Shoulder The Sky6. Shoulder the Sky by D.E. Stevenson









Shiver7. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (for fans of Twilight, only better)









Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum Novels)8. Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich (laughed so hard I nearly died of asphyxia)








The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Random House Reader's Circle)9. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows








The Black Moth10. The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer









These Old Shades11. These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer









Devil's Cub12. Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer









Tea Time for the Traditionally Built: A No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Novel (10) (The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series)13. Tea Time for the Traditionally Built by Alexander McCall Smith

2 comments:

  1. I get such a nice feeling when I look at your list, Stephany. Nearly all of these are favorite authors of mine (haven't read Guernsey book yet, and not much McCall Smith - but I adore Heyer and Stevenson as old favorites, and have enjoyed the others more recently). So nice to see the reading list of a kindred spirit.

    I'm thinking of re-reading some Stevenson...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your top reads of '09!

    ReplyDelete