Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stephen King Recommends: Summer Reading

OK, I have to say up front that I am not a Stephen King fan.  I have only read about five of his books to completion and none of them were favorites.  However, I have found that I really enjoy following his pop culture column for Entertainment Weekly and almost always agree with his reading suggestions.  Why the master of horror and I have similar taste in books is one of those great mysteries that will not be solved in this lifetime.

But I knew that he had once again not gone wrong when I saw that this summer's first suggestion is Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy.  I completely agree with him that Lisbeth Salander is "one of the great female characters in fiction."

I challenge you to read through King's list and not find something that piques your interest.  For myself, I think will be checking out Ordinary Thunderstorms by William Boyd.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment